Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Going To Boston UI Summit

After some logistical work with Federico and myself, we have coordinated me going to the Boston UI Summit. I'll be doing a presentation on October 7th concerning issues that I faced deploying GNOME and Linux in a Governmental agency and custom mods and UIs that I had to build. I also will be discussing the areas in which regular users struggle using computers.

I also hope to bring along one of our HP thin clients so that we can demo Compiz and GNOME running over remote display via a network.

If anyone is attending and has topics that you want me to discuss, feel free to respond to this blog. At a minimum walk up and introduce yourself. I don't often get a chance to go to these types of events, and I'm looking forward to it.

2 comments:

kjusupov said...

Hi Dave,

Wish you all the best in your presentation. Hope you'll be able to publish your presentation later on, so that we can download.

If I was around those places, definitely would love to attend.

Anonymous said...

The slides are now available at http://live.gnome.org/action/edit/Boston2008/GUIHackfest/CityOfLargoPresentation